Next Posidonia is in 2022 from June 6th to 10th. The Greek shipping industry is one of the largest in the world. The ribbon was cut at Posidonia 2018 against a backdrop of a Greek controlled fleet of over 4,000 vessels – the world’s largest fleet and also the highest fleet asset value at $100bn.
Greece is and has been very important for the global shipping industry
Due to the Covied-19 Posidonia was cancelled in 2020, but all efforts in planning and releasing a well prepared show has not been vasted and many national pavilions have been pre-booked for 2022.
The Greek Fleet has historically been highly focused on the tanker and bulk carrier segment. The majority of the orderbook is also within these segments, so currently it does not appear that this trend will change. The second largest segment, accounting for 13%, is passenger/cargo which is main ships used to transport people and cargo around between the many islands belonging to Greece.
The majority of the Greek ship industry is located in the shipping clusters of Piraeus and Thessaloniki.
Posidoina 2018 facts & figures
- 2,009 exhibiting companies
- 22 national pavilions
- 23,527 visitors
- 39,485 total attendance
Development of the Greek ship industry
The Greek merchant fleet is the largest in the world and has developed significantly throughout the last decade. In the past 7 years the fleet increased by 90 million gross tonnage. Currently the Greek ship-owners control a total of 27,76% of the world crude oil tanker fleet, 12,53% of the world dry bulk carrier fleet, and 15,94% of the world chemical and products tanker fleet.
The Greek fleet has grown with 74% in the past seven years, which makes up 23% of the total increase in the global fleet.
Facts The Greek-owned fleet*
Oil tankers - 76 on order 801 in the fleet
Ore and bulk carriers - 77 on order 1894 in the fleet
Pure container ships - 25 on order 363 in the fleet
Liquid gas carriers - 46 on order 215 in the fleet
Chemical and product tankers - 14 on order 547 in the fleet
Cargo, passenger and other vessels - 4 on order 326 in the fleet
* Ships greater than 1,000grt in service (March 2018) or on order (Nov 2018). Shipping data provided by Naftiliaki/Newsfront.
Turnkey exhibtion package (individual space excl. prints/graphics):
DKK x.xxx*/sqm for members of Marine
DKK x.xxx*/sqm for for non-members of Marine
Brochure stand / Info-booth (shared area):
DKK xx.xxx* - includes 1 wall for your graphics, shared marketing and promotion activities, access to meeting table, basic catering, service and on-site assistance.
*excl. coodination fee and VAT
DKK 9.990 per company (members of Marine 50 % discount)
The coordination fee includes Listing & Logo Pacakge (Compulsory)
All prices are excl. VAT and subject to changes based on preliminary budget, changes in currency and potential subsidies from the Trade Council.
- Building and dismantling of stand
- Carpet, basic furniture, brochure rack
- Lights and power consumption on your area
- Internet (basic connection to check emails)
- Cleaning - standard package
- Included in marketing material for the Pavilion of Denmark
- Registration in the official catalogue and admission cards
- Side-event (e.g. networking set-up, reception, matchmaking)
- Coffee, tea, beverages and snacks during the exhibition
- Ad-hoc assistance during the exhibition
Brochure stand / Info-booth
- Part of joint area, shared meeting area with other companies
- A brochure stand is a relevant solution for companies without need of showcasing products
- 1 exhibition wall for individual print or bring 1 roll-up
- 1 brochure rack per company
- We allocate the area and walls based on number of participating companies
- This fits for 1-2 sales persons attending the exhibition. Access cards/exhibitor badges are included
- This gives you a base for meetings and for inviting customers to visit
Inge Lis NielsenExport Coordinator +45 6020 8555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Inge Lis Nielsen
Inge Lis jonglerer de praktiske bolde i Danish Export – Marine. Hun står for en stor del af både planlægning og medlemskontakt i netværket. Derfor er det Inge Lis, der sørger for, at det er nemt for din virksomhed at tage med os på messe i marineindustrien.