Life science industry visit to Germany 2023
25.09.2023 - 27.09.2023
DKK 9.900 excl. VAT.
Subject to a minimum of 7 participating companies. This program is limited to max. 8 Danish companies and/or their local representatives.
Prices are excl. VAT and based on a subsidy from The Trade Council of Denmark and EU (Brexit-Funds).
Registration deadline: 29 August 2023 (subject to available space which will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis).
Danish Export - Health Tech in cooperation with the Consulate General of Denmark in Munich take pleasure in inviting you to join the life science industry visit in and around Mannheim and Freiburg in Germany.
Join the program and strengthen your chances of becoming a supplier and expanding your sales to Pfizer and other customers in the pharma and med-tech industry in the Baden-Württemberg region.
Be part of a small group of Danish suppliers of know-how, technologies, components and solutions for pharmaceutical and med-tech processing who will visit leading German life science manufacturers, key industry organisations and other relevant stakeholders and decision-makers in Baden-Württemberg.
Participating in the program is your opportunity to:
- Meet and build relations with Pfizer. The Pfizer site in Freiburg is one of the most modern pharmaceutical production facilities in the world. It is the largest packaging plant for solid dosage forms and a strategic production site for Pfizer worldwide. Over 8 billion tablets and capsules are produced in Freiburg every year and over 16 billion are packaged. A fully automated high-containment production facility was taken into operation in 2022. More than 2,000 people work at Pfizer in Freiburg: in materials management, production and packaging, quality control, engineering, automation, warehousing and many other areas.
- Furthermore, we will visit 2-3 other leading life science manufacturers in and around Mannheim and Freiburg, where companies such as Roche, Intuitive Surgical and Stryker are based.
- Promote your capabilities to relevant production engineers and sourcing & procurement departments
- Gain an understanding of development trends in the life science industry in the region
In parallel, this program offers you an excellent opportunity to find inspiration by sharing knowledge and experience with other Danish participating companies.
As a participant you will:
- Gain access to relevant departments and personnel within leading life science companies in Germany
- Learn about new life science engineering projects and the expansion of existing ones
- Gain an understanding of the decision-making process as regards specification, supplier selection and purchasing
- Get the opportunity to pitch your competencies to the relevant decision-makers
- Find inspiration to fine-tune your export strategy by sharing knowledge and go-to-market strategies with the other participants
Monday 25 September
- Morning: arrival in Frankfurt and transfer to Mannheim
- Midday/afternoon: site visit and meetings at Roche in Mannheim
- Afternoon: transfer to Freiburg
- Evening: networking dinner in Freiburg
Tuesday 26 September
- Morning: site visit and meetings at tbc
- Afternoon: site visit and meetings at Pfizer in Freiburg
- Evening: at leisure
Wednesday 27 September
- Morning: site visit and meetings at Stryker in Freiburg
- Midday/afternoon: transfer to Frankfurt airport
- End of program
Access to the right customers and contacts
“Danish Export and their partners have the right connections. Therefore, we gain access to customers at a higher organizational level and we talk to the right contacts from the start.”
Michael Asmussen, Business Development Manager, Blue Line
Read how Covi Precision and Blue Line save time and money with market visits through Danish Export (in Danish).
Germany is the largest European producer and exporter of medical devices and is among the top three in the world. The total revenue of the manufacturing medical technology companies in Germany was more than 33 Billion Euros in 2019, according to the official economic statistics. The export rate was at around 65 per cent.
The German life science market is about twice as large as the French and three times as large as the British or Italian market. The life science industry employs more than 140.000 people in Germany.
Who should participate?
Danish suppliers of production and process equipment, components, technology and services for the life science industry who wish to establish or expand business in Germany.
Showcase your capabilities and solutions within areas such as:
Anti-counterfeiting, Automation, Cleaning and sterilization, Commissioning and qualification, Contract manufacturing, Controls and robotics, Labeling, Logistics, Materials and components, Operations/manufacturing, Packaging, Processing, Quality control/quality assurance, Supply chain services, Tamper-proof packaging, Track and trace, Validation and more.
Market visit details & conditions
You are welcome to participate together with a local partner or let your local partner represent you.
Please refer to our General terms of business for the Danish Export Association.
The project is supported by the Trade Council & the EU
For further information, contact:
Thomas AndersenHead of Health Tech+45 2447 8502 email@example.com
Head of Health Tech
Thomas har et stort kendskab til life science-industrien samt sundheds- og velfærdssektoren, og vil du have sparring på, hvordan du kan øge din eksport i disse sektorer, er det ham, du skal tage fat i. Han er primus motor i vores Health Tech-netværk, og med mere end 20 års eksporterfaring har han blandt andet stort kendskab til markedsetablering.
Thomas har arbejdet i både private virksomheder og den offentlige sektor. Han har også været selvstændig i tre år, og derfor har han hands-on viden om de udfordringer, mindre virksomheder står med, når de skal øge deres eksport.
Vil du have sparring på markeder, kan Thomas hjælpe dig med viden om de fleste europæiske lande samt Australien, Kenya og Thailand, hvor han har været udstationeret.