Water Talks October 2023 - Goodbye PFAS
A newly launched project aims to tackle these remaining issues as we strive to say 'Goodbye PFAS' for good.
13:00 - 14:00 CET
Exclusively for members of Danish Export and part of your membership
During the past three years working on the PFASinator project, the project team has gained significant insights into the PFAS problem and acquired expertise in treating highly contaminated water.
Sabine Lindholst, Senior Consultant, Water Technology from the Danish Technological Institute will provide a comprehensive overview of the PFAS problem, covering topics such as the PFAS cycle, treatment strategies and technologies, as well as the remaining challenges. A newly launched project aims to tackle these remaining issues as we strive to say 'Goodbye PFAS' for good.
Water Talks – Learn from and challenge your network colleagues in the WaterTech Network
Water Talks is your opportunity to debate, knowledge-share and learn from your network colleagues without having to start the car - simply sign up and log-on on for a full hour of discussions and debate.
During 2023 Water Tech will host a series of online Water Talks where we will talk about hot topics in the water industry. Each Water Talk will centre around an interesting topic and start out with a 15min opening talk from a thought leader. After the talk (often provocative) the floor is open for discussion and debate. A Water Talk session will have duration of 45 to 60 minutes.
Sabine Lindholst, Senior Consultant, Water Technology, Danish Technological Institute
Sabine has extensive experience in wastewater treatment, particularly in developing methods for removing xenobiotics from municipal wastewater and extracting high-value compounds from industrial wastewater. Over the past three years, she has been deeply engaged in the development of methods for removing PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) from highly contaminated sites such as landfill- and firefighting leachate, as well as PFAS removal from soil.
- Please log in 5 min. before the session for technical start-up and image-/sound testing.
- Water Talks will be held through Teams with sound and image, so that we can see each other and have a productive dialogue.
- Each Water Talk session is scheduled for 45-60 minutes incl. wrapping up.
- Each session will include a short presentation from the speaker and the floor is afterwards yours to discuss the topic of the day.
- The meeting is an informal platform for you to share knowledge or ask your network colleagues questions related to a specified topic.