Webinar: Water resource recovery – A dialogue between Denmark and Singapore on key innovations and opportunities ahead in the water sector
Join us for a dialogue between Denmark and Singapore on key innovations and opportunities ahead in the water sector
9.00 am - 10.30 am (CET)
Free of charge
Water has been an existential issue for Singapore and the city-state has been tenaciously working over the years to secure a safe, resilient, and sustainable supply. Wastewater is also termed as recycled water in Singapore, alluding to the aim for water to be cleaned and reused indefinitely.
While Denmark has been blessed with abundant groundwater, it has had its fair share of challenges related to water and resources and has over the years built up key expertise, knowledge, and innovation for water resource recovery. Resource recovery is today considered a key stronghold of Denmark. Through international collaborations and global knowledge exchange, Denmark has continued building up key capabilities in this space.
We are pleased to invite you to join an exciting webinar that will bring together key experts and practitioners from the public sector and industry to discuss the next phase of innovation within water resource recovery, and also touch on the related issue of digitalization of resource recovery systems and processes.
Overall moderator: Mark Perry, Royal Danish Embassy
Welcome remarks from the Royal Danish Embassy by H.E Ambassador Ms. Sandra Jensen Landi
1) City approach and roadmap/strategy for resource recovery in Singapore
- PUB, Singapore National Water Agency
2) Regulation as a driver for wastewater management and resource recovery in Denmark and in Europe.
- Ministry of Environment of Denmark. Mr. Jóannes Jørgen Gaard, Special Consultant
Panel discussion: Implementation, drivers and ecosystems of a resource recovery roadmapModerator: Ms. Helle Katrine Andersen, Head of DANVA secretariat and Chair of IWA-Denmark, DANVA (Danish Water and Wastewater Association)
1) Nick Ahrensberg, Project Manager & Senior Water Resources Advisor, Biofos, Denmark’s largest wastewater utility treating wastewater in Greater Copenhagen
2) Christian Nyerup Nielsens, Director, Climate Adaptation & Landscape, Ramboll Water
3) Kunal Shah, SWA Council Member, Managing Director of Anaergia Inc (Asean)
Open plenum discussion on resource recovery: Innovation and solutions of tomorrow
Moderator: Mr. Allan Han-Huei Teo, Managing Director of Quercus Group in Singapore
1) Mr. Christian Wieth, Chief Commercial Officer, AquaGreen ApS
2) Mr. Guah Eng Hock, Director, SG Enviro Pte Ltd and Mr. Ryan Kwa, Operation Manager, Novexx Pte Ltd
Closing remarksby Mark Perry, Royal Danish Embassy
The event is hosted by Singapore Water Association with Danish Export - Water as co-organizer.