Water - Market visit to Ghana 2022
Denmark has been active in the water sector in Ghana for many years through our strategic sector development cooperation and several Danish companies are already active in the market. Areas of specific interest for local stakeholders in Ghana include water supply, non-revenue water, and wastewater management.
28.02.2022 - 04.03.2022
Danish Export Association (Eksportforeningen)
DKK 9,750 per company incl. max. 2 participants per company, ground transport in Ghana, reception, B2B meeting sessions and one networking dinner event are included.
The price is in DKK and without VAT, own travel (flights, taxi, train, etc.), insurance, lodging, and based on a minimum of 7 participating companies. This event is subsidized by The Trade Council of Denmark, and to participate a Danish company VAT number is required. Local partners may participate on behalf of the Danish company.
The programme is in progress.
Explore commercial opportunities in Ghana’s urban water cycle.
The Danish Export Association and the Embassy of Denmark in Ghana invites you to join a 3-day market visit to Ghana, organized to best promote your solutions, services and products to the water sector in Ghana from February 28- March 3, 2022. Get to know the dynamics of the water market and how to be part of strategic partnerships and local projects (public and private)
- Meeting with Sewage Systems Ghana Ltd and Accra Sewage Systems and tour of their water facilities
- Meeting with Ghana Water Company Ltd (GWCL)
- Business seminar with invited key stakeholders from public and private sector in Ghana. Our aim is to present opportunities in Ghana’s water sector to Danish technology providers including investment plans.
- Site visit to pilot sites in the city of Tema (part of the Strategic Sector Cooperation between Denmark and Ghana).
- Personal B2B meetings arranged by the Royal Danish Embassy in Accra
- Networking reception and welcome Dinner at the Danish Residence
The agenda will reflect the participating companies and changes to the programme may occur.
Picture: Aarhus Kommune
The market visit will focus on the work already taking place in Ghana
The Strategic Sector Cooperation between the City of Aarhus and the City of Tema focuses on drinking water (reducing non-revenue water) and wastewater management.
Ghana Water Company Ltd (GWCL), which is responsible for providing drinking water in the City of Tema is a key partner under the SSC programme. GWCL together with Aarhus Vand has identified a number of key projects aimed at reducing the non-revenue water challenge.
GWCL operates 88 systems in all ten regions of the country serving over 500,000 households/customers. Current non-revenue water levels are over 50%. GWCL has projects worth over a USD billion in their pipeline to improve coverage to unserved areas and refurbish dilapidated infrastructure to reduce water losses.
Part of the Strategic Sector Cooperation are:
- City of Aarhus & City of Tema
- Aarhus Vand (Utility company) & Utility company of Tema
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (Trade Council)
Ramboll report identifies concrete opportunities in Ghana
In 2020, the Embassy together with Rambøll conducted a survey to identify concrete opportunities in both industrial and municipal wastewater management.
Several opportunities ranging from wastewater treatment for reuse, polishing of secondary effluent, household treatment system, operation and maintenance, pretreatment were identified for Danish technology providers.
Danish strongholds that will be promoted towards key stakeholders
- Sustainable and efficient water supply/reduce water leakage (Non-revenue water)
- Climate-friendly and efficient wastewater treatment à contributing to the transition to a carbon-neutral economy with a focus on energy savings, energy production from sludge treatment and nutrient recovery.
- Water management and urban resilience. Design, planning and implementation of overall water strategies.
- Sustainable innovation with a focus on digital asset management and co-creating through