Life science industry visit to Germany
Do you want to strengthen your position as a supplier to the life science industry in Germany?
04.10.2022 - 06.10.2022
DKK 9.900 per company incl. max. 2 participants/company, ground transport in Germany and one dinner event.
The price is excl. of VAT, flights, board and lodging and based on a minimum of 7 participating companies.
Deadline for registration: 26 August 2022 (subject to available places - places will be assigned on a first come-first served basis).
Danish Export - Health Tech in cooperation with the German-Danish Chamber of Commerce take pleasure in inviting you to join the life science industry visit to Germany.
Join the program and strengthen your chances of becoming a supplier and expanding your sales to customers in the German life science industry.
Be part of a small exclusive group of Danish suppliers of know-how, technologies, components and solutions for pharmaceutical and med-tech processing who will visit leading German life science manufacturers, key industry organisations and other relevant stake holders and decision makers in the market.
Participating in the program is your opportunity to:
- Meet and build relations with Boehringer Ingelheim in Ingelheim, Merck in Darmstadt, Boehringer Ingelheim Microparts in Dortmund, B. Braun in Melsungen, and other important players in the life science industry
- Promote your capabilities to relevant production engineers and sourcing & procurement departments
- Gain an understanding of development trends in the life science industry in the region
In parallel, this program offers you excellent opportunity to find inspiration by sharing knowledge and experiences with the other Danish participating companies.
As a participant you will:
- Gain access to relevant departments and personnel within leading life science companies in Germany
- Learn about new life science engineering projects and expansion of existing ones
- Gain an understanding of the decision-making process as regards specification, supplier-selection and purchasing
- Get the opportunity to pitch your competences to the relevant decision makers
- Find inspiration to fine-tune your export strategy by sharing knowledge and go-to market strategies with the other participants
Germany is the largest Euopean producer and exporter of medical devices and is among top three in the world. The total revenue of the manufacturing medical technology companies in Germany was more than 33 Billion Euros in 2019, according to the official economic statistics. The export rate was at around 65 percent.
The German life science market is about twice as large as the French and three times as large as the British or Italian market. The life science industry employs more than 140.000 people in Germany.
Tuesday 4 October
- Midday: arrival in Frankfurt and briefing
- Afternoon: site visit and meetings at Boehringer Ingelheim HQ in Ingelheim
- Evening: networking dinner
Wednesday 5 October
- Morning/afternoon: site visit and meetings at Merck HQ in Darmstadt
- Afternoon: presentation of the Life Science Industry in the State of Hessen at Hessen Trade & Invest in Wiesbaden
- Evening: networking dinner
Thursday 6 October
- Morning: site visit and meetings at Boehringer Ingelheim Microparts in Dortmund
- Afternoon: site visit and meetings at B. Braun HQ in Melsungen
- Evening: end of program
Who should participate?
Danish suppliers of production and process equipment, components, technology and services to the life science industry who wish to establish or expand business in Germany.
Showcase your capabilities and solutions within areas such as:
Anti-counterfeiting, Automation, Cleaning and sterilization, Commissioning and qualification, Contract manufacturing, Controls and robotics, Labeling, Logistics, Materials and components, Operations/manufacturing, Packaging, Processing, Quality control/quality assurance, Supply chain services, Tamper-proof packaging, Track and trace, Validation and more.
Market visit details & conditions
You are welcome to participate together with a local partner, or let your local partner represent you.
Please refer to our General terms of business for the Danish Export Association.
This project is supported by The Trade Council
For further information, contact:
Thomas AndersenHead of Health Tech +45 2447 8502 email@example.com
Head of Health Tech
Thomas har et stort kendskab til life science-industrien samt sundheds- og velfærdssektoren, og vil du have sparring på, hvordan du kan øge din eksport i disse sektorer, er det ham, du skal tage fat i. Han er primus motor i vores Health Tech-netværk, og med mere end 20 års eksporterfaring har han blandt andet stort kendskab til markedsetablering.
Thomas har arbejdet i både private virksomheder og den offentlige sektor. Han har også været selvstændig i tre år, og derfor har han hands-on viden om de udfordringer, mindre virksomheder står med, når de skal øge deres eksport.
Vil du have sparring på markeder, kan Thomas hjælpe dig med viden om de fleste europæiske lande samt Australien, Kenya og Thailand, hvor han har været udstationeret.