27.08.2021: Royal honours awarded to three successful international partners of Danish companies
Three foreign subsidiaries of Danish companies have now received their HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards from His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Denmark. The winning companies – ISS Turkey, ScanCom Vietnam and Danish Crown China – are being rewarded for their commendable efforts to promote Danish strengths globally.
Danish Export Association
HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards are handed out in three different categories: Business Excellence, Green Solutions and Export Achievement. The awards are a joint initiative by the Danish Export Association and HRH the Crown Prince of Denmark, the latter of whom presented the honours at a ceremony held at Frederik VIII’s Palace in Amalienborg.
“Today saw honours awarded to three companies from Turkey, Vietnam and China respectively. They are all examples of companies that play to Danish strengths to ensure growth and development of their businesses, promoting Denmark internationally and contributing to the growth of Danish exports and job creation,” said Ulrik Dahl, CEO, Danish Export Association, before continuing:
”I’m incredibly proud that we are able to honour the companies with the Crown Prince’s Awards – it is deserved recognition of the commendable efforts they and their international partners make. The Awards help to shine the spotlight on Danish exports and show what Danish companies have to contribute on the global stage.”
The following companies were recognised by His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Denmark for ‘going the extra mile’ in improving the position of Danish products and solutions internationally, receiving awards as follows:
Business Excellence has been awarded to ISS Turkey, a subsidiary of the ISS Group. Since starting up in Turkey in 2005, ISS Turkey has gone from a turnover of 53 million to 2.35 billion DKK in 2020, increasing its number of employees from 6,000 to 43,000 nationally to become the third biggest employer in Turkey. ISS Turkey has created a digital business model in collaboration with its employees, which is ensuring transparency and making it possible to make decisions based on data from across the company. The company is working proactively to ensure equality between the sexes and underpin the rights of women by creating a workplace that encourages further training and education, plus unity, while also supporting childhood education.
Green Solutions has been awarded to ScanCom, part of the Lars Larsen Group. ScanCom has 4,000 employees in Vietnam and manufactures outdoor furniture made from recycled plastic; the company has a focus on working with more sustainable materials. ScanCom’s factories are some of the world’s most modern of their kind, with a strong focus placed on Corporate Social Responsibility in relation to environment, working conditions and material selection. In real terms, this focus means (for example) that the company tends to use raw materials that can be re-used many times, which is an integral part of ScanCom’s DNA with regard to sustainability. That is why the Group CEO of ScanCom International, Stig Maasbøl, who is a particular driving force behind the company’s development, is receiving the award.
Export Achievement has been awarded to Danish Crown China. The company has future-proofed its pork production in China, with blockchain technology playing a key role in guaranteeing traceability along the value chain from Denmark to China, when the meat is on the refrigerated counter at the shop. Danish Crown is a strong brand in China, with ‘quality from Denmark’, transparency from farm to dinner table and an increasing level of sustainability all highly sought-after qualities the Chinese are looking for. This also means that the company has a lot of potential to tap in the future. Danish Crown China is blazing a trail technologically and is in a position to inspire other food producers to use blockchain as well.
Facts: HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards
- The annual ‘HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards’ were first handed out in 2020.
- The awards are handed out in three different categories: Business Excellence, Green Solutions and Export Achievement
- Nominations for the Awards are open to all.
- Individuals, agents, distributors, subsidiaries or other foreign companies are all eligible for the Awards, provided that they have made an extraordinary contribution to the promotion of Danish products and solutions internationally.
- Winners receive a statuette, a diploma and the right to use the Awards’ logo and name.
- The Awards’ sponsors, who have all made it possible to honour this year’s winners, are: Arla, AVK, Bestseller, Blue Water Shipping, Danfoss, Danish Crown, ECCO, Foss, Grundfos, Haldor Topsoe, Kamstrup and Radiometer.
- HRH the Crown Prince of Denmark is chairman of the jury, which is made up of Henrik Mørkholt Sørensen, Chairman of the Board of the Danish Export Association, Steen Hommel, State Secretary for Trade and Global Sustainability, Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs plus one permanent and one rotating member from the Association for each of the Awards:
- Business Excellence:
- Permanent member: Poul Due Jensen, Group President / CEO, Grundfos
- Rotating member: Natascha Sandberg Hytting, Senior Commercial Director, Pressalit
- Green Solutions:
- Permanent member: Hanne Christensen, President, CEO, Force Technology
- Rotating member: Ulrich Ritsing, Sales- and Marketing Director, C.C. Jensen
- Export Achievement:
- Permanent member: Henrik Uhd Christensen, CEO, Viking-Life Saving Equipment
- Rotating member: Evita Rosdahl, CEO, Jeros
- Business Excellence:
Sebastian SchwarzMembers & Network Director +45 2366 7788 email@example.com
Members & Network Director
Vil du udvide dit netværk, så er der god sandsynlighed for, at Sebastian kan hjælpe dig. Han har mange års erfaring i Danish Export og et stort netværk og har derfor kompetencerne til at sætte dig i forbindelse med nye kontakter.
Sebastian er født og opvokset i Tyskland, har en kandidatgrad i statskundskab fra Københavns Universitet og mange års erfaring med internationale samarbejdsprojekter, kompetenceudvikling, videndeling og ledelse. Hans erfaring, overblik og evne til at skabe fælles fodslag giver ham et stærkt fundament for at give dig nye impulser i forhold til dit internationale arbejde.
HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards
HRH Crown Prince Frederik International Business Awards is awarded to individuals or companies abroad who present an outstanding effort in promoting sustainable Danish products, services and values worldwide.