Webinar: Wastewater management opportunities in Ghana
Get an overview of wastewater management and market opportunities in the water sector in Ghana.
2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
The webinar is free of charge
The webinar will present a study on “Wastewater management market survey and opportunities” conducted by Ramboll Denmark. You will also get an overview of opportunities in the water sector in Ghana.
A study on wastewater management and market opportunities conducted by Rambøll Denmark
To reduce the impact of untreated wastewater discharge on the environment, there is increasing regulatory demand for industries particularly multinational and export based companies to invest in decentralised wastewater treatment plants to pre-treat their effluent before discharge to the municipal wastewater treatment plant or the environment. Furthermore, there is a pipeline for decentralised municipal wastewater treatment plants in the medium to long term with funding typically from development banks.
Technology demands identified during the survey included water treatment for reuse, polishing to high drinking water standards, power production from sludge gas, household treatment systems, full and partial industrial systems, pre-treatment, operation and maintenance skills and technologies, salt reduction, flocculation and others.
Mads Terkelsen is Business Area Manager at Rambøll. He has years of experience within water technology and has among other things been counselor at the Embassy of Denmark in Beijing with focus on water supply and wastewater.
At the webinar Mads Terkelsen will present a study on wastewater management and market opportunities regarding Ghana.
- Welcome and Introduction by/Naja Møller Jørgensen, Head of Trade, Embassy of Denmark, Accra and Andreas Julskjaer Pedersen, Danish Export - Water
- Presentation of Survey Results by Ramboll Denmark by/Mads Terkelsen, Lead Consultant
- Overview of wastewater management in Ghana-Regulation, challenges and needs by/ Henrietta Osei-Tutu, Wastewater Engineer Consultant, Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources
- Brief on Strategic Sector Cooperation, market opportunities and project pipeline by/Naja Møller Jørgensen, Head of Trade, Embassy of Denmark, Accra and Flemming Fogh Pedersen, Head of department, Program Manager drinking water, Aarhus Vand
- Next steps by/Andreas Julskjaer Pedersen, Danish Export – Water
The webinar is arranged in cooperation with The Trade Council.