Water Tech - Industries Market Meetings - Skåne, Sweden
Danish Export - Water Tech in cooperation with the Danish Trade Council in Sweden invites you to meet with water consuming industries in Skåne, Sweden August/September 2023
30.08.2023 - 01.09.2023
Please note, dates are yet not confirmed and may be subject to changes
Cost without subsidy
DKK 24.450 per company including 1 person per company, lunch and dinner, local transportation.
ex VAT, travel, lodging.
We are applying for subsidy from the Trade Council. If and when a subsidy is approved the price will be updated, all registered companies will be notified and order-form adjusted. Subsidy is based on a minimum of 7 participating companies. For your company to be eligible for subsidy the "de-minimis-subsidies" for export promotion activities apply.
Deadline for registration: 30 June 2023
Subject to availability - participation will be assigned on a first come-first served basis.
Do you want to strengthen your position as a supplier to water consuming industries in Southern Sweden?
Join this 3-day delegation trip to learn more about the challenges manufacturing industries in Sweden are facing in their drive to improve water and energy efficiency.
The focus and objective with the delegation trip is for Danish companies to meet with select industries to create relationships and dialog for developing partnerships leading to potential sales.
Be part of a focused and dedicated group of Danish water technology companies of know-how, technologies, components, and solutions for the water sector, who will visit industrial production facilities, and learn about their current operations, strategy, challenges and needs within resource efficiency (water and energy), resource recovery. We will meet industries for instance within beverage, textile, chemical, and medical. At each site we will meet with key managerial and technical staff and tour their operations and production facilities.
Participants will get the opportunity to understand the industry's challenges and needs, to pitch and discuss value creation of own solutions and technologies.
As a Danish technology company, you should join the delegation trip to:
- Understand the industry's strategy, challenges and needs in relation to resources (water and energy), efficiency, sustainability and TCO
- Establish dialogue with industrial companies and create personal contacts
- Create an overview of opportunities for partnership and relations with industrial companies
For the industrial companies we will visit to:
- Get to know and establish relationships with Danish water technology companies
- Learn about Danish innovative and resource (water and energy) efficient technologies and solutions within water management (water supply and waste water)
The market and opportunities
Svenskt Vatten estimates the investment need in the water sector to be SEK 23 billion annually with an investment backlog of SEK 7 billion. In addition, water, which until now has been considered an infinite resource, is increasingly considered a scarce resource. Sweden has experienced record high energy prices throughout the country, with the highest prices found in the southern half, above all in Skåne. Energy and water efficiency therefore quickly becomes profitable and is absolutely necessary to avoid power and supply shortages. Sweden also has a big focus on the global goals agenda and aims to be 100% on renewable energy by 2040 and be CO2 neutral by 2045.
Swedish industry is at the forefront of the climate agenda, but thus faces major challenges with rising prices for water, electricity, and ambitious climate and environmental requirements.
Industry is one of the main water users in Europe, accounting for about 40% of total water abstractions, according to Eurostat, the European statistics agency. Statistics don’t differ much in other parts of the world. Water is used at every step of the production process e.g. for cooling, heating, polishing, cleaning/washing, diluting etc.
- Meeting with VA SYD https://www.vasyd.se/ to learn about their operations, challenges and strategies.
- VA SYD treats wastewater from more than half a million people.
- VA SYD operates 6 WWTP’s, maintains more than 2000km sewage pipes
- VA SYD delivers drinking water to Burlöv, Eslöv, Lomma, Lund and Malmö, maintains more than 2000km pipes in the distribution network
- Review of the program and introduction to the Swedish water sector
- Morning: Meeting with an industrial company. The company will present its own production, challenges, needs and plans followed by short presentations from delegation participants. Tour of the production with ample opportunity for dialogue and discussion. Completion and review of follow-up
- Afternoon: We will visit another industry and program for the visit and discussions will follow that of the morning
- Evening: Joint dinner delegation participants
- Morning and afternoon: Meetings with two industry companies, the day will proceed as the program of day 2
- Delegation. Wrap up, plan for follow-up and return home
The meeting program will be updated continuously as we confirm appointments.