Water Delegation Visit to Portugal 2022
Explore commercial opportunities in the Portuguese Urban water cycle. By joining you will get to know the dynamics of the Portuguese market and how to be part of strategic partnerships and local projects.
02.05.2022 - 06.05.2022
Lissabon og Porto
DKK 9,750 per company incl. max. 2 participants per company, ground transport in Portugal, receptions, and one networking dinner event.
The price is in DKK and without VAT, own travel (flights, taxi, train, etc.), insurance, lodging, and based on a minimum of 7 participating companies. This event is subsidized by The Trade Council of Denmark, and to participate a Danish company VAT number is required.
The Embassy of Denmark in Lisbon and Danish Export - Water are pleased to announce that we have been granted funding from the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs to carry out an exciting export activity focusing on commercial opportunities in the Portuguese water sector for Danish companies.
We are currently planning on a visit on May 2-6; the focus of the activity will primarily be on the drinking water and water reuse tracks.
By joining you will get to know the dynamics of the Portuguese market and how to be part of strategic partnerships and local projects.
The activity offers:
- The opportunity to present, as part of a group, the Danish know-how, technology, and solutions to key stakeholders in Portugal; and in return get the latest updates from utilities, advisors, and decision-makers in the water circle
- Site visits, strategic workshops, and 1:1 meetings
- If you are established in the market or region already, you get the chance to promote yourself as part of something bigger. In this way, the delegation's visit directly supports important dialogue with your key clients
- The chance to engage and position yourself near the project owners, which ensures that you are kept top of mind. We will make sure to highlight business opportunities and prefer talks to be centered around actual projects at hand
- Networking activities arranged to ensure a good social time laying the groundwork for some soft selling
Photo from Water delegation visit to Croatia in 2019
Looking for a local partner to represent your company?
Additionally, in what concerns SMEs, we invite local partners along that might be the right partner for you and design the programme according to the wish of the participants. It is also our intention to do press and we are open to your ideas to create the most fuzz and awareness of this event – made for you. Supported by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the Portuguese market, the responsibility for the provision of the water and wastewater services is, in general, divided as follows:
- The municipalities are responsible for the provision of the retail services (via the municipal systems)
- The central government is responsible for operating and managing the bulk water and wastewater services (via the multi-municipal regional systems)
Click button below to download info-sheet prepared by the Embassy of Denmark, Lisbon:
Aguas de Portugal (AdP), the biggest Portuguese water utility company, has announced an €820 M investment plan until 2023.
In this plan, the Royal Danish Embassy has identified contract works related to upgrade and rehabilitation of WWTP and WTP worth €140M, e.g.:
- Remodelling of the ChoupalWWTP (€ 11 200 M)
- Remodelling and Expansion of EnxoéWTP (€ 5 500 M)
- Rehabilitation of the Lagos WWTP (€ 7498 M)
- Reinforcement of the VilamouraWWTP (€ 6920 M)